The end of the year is an excellent time to set goals for the new year. Determining what you want to occur in 2023 increases the odds of making it happen.
Setting goals for yourself provides a guide for what you want the new year to look like. When you look back at the end of the year, you can be proud of what you accomplished.
Follow these guidelines to set goals for yourself ahead of 2023.
Create SMART Goals
Making your goals specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) increases the odds of attaining them.
- Clarify what you want to achieve. Having a specific goal helps you focus on reaching it.
- Determine how to track and measure your progress toward each goal.
- Having an achievable goal provides motivation to attain it.
- Relating your goal to something you value provides an incentive to reach it.
- Developing a timeline shows when you should reach certain milestones. You can adjust your activity and timeline according to your results.
For instance, one of your SMART goals for 2023 may be to find a new HR job:
- Specific: Land an HR coordinator role with your targeted company.
- Measurable: Success will be achieved when you secure an HR coordinator position at your targeted company.
- Achievable: You have the knowledge, skills, and experience to be an HR coordinator.
- Relevant: Working as an HR coordinator is the next step in your career plan.
- Time-bound: Create a timeline for applying for positions, interviewing, and negotiating a job offer.
Tips for Attaining Your Goals
Working to achieve your goals can be challenging. The following ideas can help you stay on track:
- Regularly look over your goal list.
- Focus on small, attainable steps.
- Set daily reminders of the actions needed to reach your goals.
- Ask someone to hold you accountable.
- Celebrate your wins!
Staying Motivated to Reach Your Goals
Maintaining motivation to attain your goals can be challenging. These tips can provide encouragement:
- Focus on what inspired you to set each goal.
- Believe in your ability to achieve your goals.
- Visualize how good you will feel when you reach your goals.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Adjust your goals as your needs and interests change.
Want to Find Opportunities That Align with Your Goals?
Work with THE RIGHT STAFF for help finding opportunities in Minnesota that align with your professional goals. Reach out today!